GIVING THANKS FOR OUR BLESSINGS...

"Children are a gift from the Lord, they are a reward from Him" Psalm127:3

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Big 3-0

I turn 30 today, and it is a little bitter-sweet for me.  Sad to see such a great decade of my life come to an end... but exciting to move onto the next step in my life, raising our family.  Over the past few days, I have been reflecting on all the great memories I have of my 20's.  I have decided to share some of my top 20 events/memories from this wonderful time in my life.  I feel incredibly blessed to have accomplished and experienced so much in my twenties.  If my 30's are even half as good as my 20's, I will be a very lucky lady.  In no particular order....

1. Dating and marrying my best friend and the love of my life, Ted.
2. Graduating from UMHB and starting my career as a Registered Nurse.
3. Forming lifelong friendships with an amazing group of couples.
4. Going on some awesome trips with some wonderful friends, including a cruise, Ixtapa, Key West, Dominican Republic, and San Francisco.
5. Taking a few trips of our own, including St. Lucia, Banff Canada, Napa Valley, and San Diego.
6. Going on a family Cruise with the entire Wiethorn family.... Grandma's gift to us!
7. Purchasing our first dog (Bailey) together, followed by Shelby, then Cooper.  Now we can't imagine life without our 4-legged friends.
8. Purchasing our first house, and making it our very own.
9. Purchasing my first car with my own money.
10. Turning 21 and celebrating with my friends. 
11. Finding a church that we love, and growing in our walks with Christ.
12. Dancing with my Grandpa for the very last time, to Amarillo by Morning, at our wedding.
13. Growing closer to my parents, and becoming so much more appreciative for all that they have done for me.
14. Gaining new family members through lots of fun weddings.
15. Becoming an Aunt.
16. Graduating from TAMU-CC with my Master's degree, and beginning a career as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
17. Reconnecting with old friends.
18. Becoming Godparents.
19. Experiencing God's greatest miracle... my 1st pregnancy.
20. And to top it all off.... becoming a Mommy!  Nearly 6 months ago, I was given the most precious gift of all.... our sweet little Avery.  Life is good, and because of her, it's only going to get better.

1 comment:

  1. Allison, I hope you had a beautiful birthday. Your 20's were really great and the 30's will be even better!

    ReplyDelete