GIVING THANKS FOR OUR BLESSINGS...

"Children are a gift from the Lord, they are a reward from Him" Psalm127:3

Sunday, August 30, 2009

2 Weeks and Growing!

Avery had her 2 week appointment this week with her doctor, and we were extremely happy to see that she is growing! She weighed 6lbs 6oz and was nearly 20 inches long! The doctor was very happy with her progress, and thought that she was doing great. We return in 2 weeks for her 1 month check-up. We can definitely tell that she is getting bigger. She is still wearing preemie clothes, but not for long! She continues to be a little angel, but is starting to be more alert and interactive as well. I am continuing to feel good... just a little sore at times. I have to keep reminding myself that I have had major surgery, and need to take it slow. This week, Avery and I ventured out to the grocery store. We have also went on a couple of walks in the neighborhood. She likes riding in her stroller and getting some fresh air. Today, we decided to take her to church, and she did really good. I think she enjoyed all the loud music. We have also tried out a few of her toys, like her swing and her floor mat. Ted and I are really enjoying our little girl, and look forward to all the memories we will create together!

1st trip to church at 2 1/2 weeks

1st time in her swing
(hmm.. I don't think she knows whether or not she likes it yet)
Playing on her floor mat




1 comment:

  1. I hope she grows to love her swing, it's nice to have some hands-free time. She is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete