GIVING THANKS FOR OUR BLESSINGS...

"Children are a gift from the Lord, they are a reward from Him" Psalm127:3

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Introducing Natalie Faith!

It's funny looking back at my last post, because our plans were to induce labor on 6/6/11 with expected arrival of Natalie on 6/7/11.  We went to church, we took those pictures, I updated my blog, cleaned the house, we went to a kid's birthday party at a gymnastics place, Avery had a ball as we chased her around the place, we went out to dinner with our friends, and my car got backed into as we were leaving the restaurant.  As you can see we had a very busy day!  And it had only just begun!  Natalie had big plans of her own!  I was having my usual contractions at the birthday party, so I didn't think too much about it, but while sitting at the restaurant, they started to become more regular.  I started to wonder if I might be going into labor.  I joked about it with our friends.  Well, by the time we got home at nearly 8pm, my contractions were about 7 minutes apart.  I started writing them down, still in disbelief that I was in labor.  We gave Avery a bath, put her to bed, and then at 9pm I decided to call labor and delivery.  They told me to go ahead and come in.  We called my parents, so they could come down and watch Avery.  I started packing bags, cleaning the house (again!), sweeping like a crazy woman, and then noticed at about 9:30 that my water had sort of broke.  By the time my parents got here, I was in active labor, starting to hurt.  So, off to the hospital we went!  On the way in, my water finished breaking, and at that point I was really starting to hurt.  They checked me out in triage, and said I was only 2cm dilated, and it would be a long night.  However, my contractions kept getting stronger and closer together.  I was having them about every minute at the time they finally moved me to a labor room.  Thankfully, I got my epidural at about 11:30, and had instant relief.  They went ahead and checked me again, and suprisingly I was already at 6-7cm.  They called my doctor, who arrived within 10 minutes.  I transitioned really fast and they were once again suprised to find that I was fully dilated and ready to push at about 1:40am.  My doctor explained that I could be pushing for about 2 hours, and not to get discouraged.  Well, once again, Natalie had plans of her own!  She was out within 15-20 minutes.  She arrived on 6/6/11 at 2:07am, weighing in at 6lbs, 15oz and was 19 inches long!  She looked perfect!  And I felt great!  I was so grateful to be able to experience a regular birth and avoid another c-section, it was the most incredible experience I have ever had.  I was also extremely thankful for the epidural and the fast labor... it couldn't have gone any better.  Recovery has also been so much better.  I am thankful to be able to hold Avery and get around the house without any problems.  I was a little scared about attempting a regular birth after previous c-section, but I am so glad I decided to go for it.  It was definitely a success. 
 Holding Natalie for the first time.
 Sweet angel.
 First Photo as a family of 4!  (Avery looks like a Giant now!)
 Avery meeting Baby Sissy for the 2nd time (it went a lot better this time!).
 Hugging baby Natalie (so sweet!).
 Sweet Natalie
 Daddy and his 2nd girl!
 Mommy and Natalie
 Leaving the hospital on Wednesday.
 I had fun taking some newborn pictures of Natalie yesterday (5 days old)
First little innocent smile!
 Little Sister
Natalie is such a wonderful addition to our family.  We feel so incredibly blessed to have our 2 little girls.  Life will be crazy for a while, but it will all be worth it in a couple of years.  I pray that we will raise two very special girls that grow up loving eachother, their family and friends, and most of all the Lord. 
I will do my best to keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment